Full-time, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Hurry up! We’ve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a fast-growing SaaS startup in search of that unique individual who blends a customer service attitude with technical problem solving. Do you have a passion for building world class products with a top tier team? We’re looking for an ambitious Product Owner that drives the execution of our vision into the best product there is.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers haven’t been able to solve for years. We’re headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 200 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
About the job
We’re looking for an ambitious Product Owner who will be responsible for our product and its implementation from start to finish. You will manage the backlog and sprint definitions and communicate with our internal stakeholders – customers, prospects, analysts and partners – to deeply understand our target market and buyer’s needs. You are responsible for all functionalities of the BlueConic platform and for the product’s success.
You will work on a daily basis with BlueConic’s team of highly experienced software developers. The incredible success of our software product is largely due to the vision and the implementation of the technology, as well as timeliness to hit the market! You’re a fit if you are deeply interested in marketing, architecture, and technology. You are patient and exceptionally smart, have an eye for details, and are a great communicator. A sense of humor and an enthusiasm for participating in discussions about random things on Slack are also a must.
Your activities will consist of:
- Managing and refining the product backlog;
- Clearly expressing and prioritizing product backlog items to best achieve goals and delivering value;
- Working closely with a team of Software Engineers and a QA Engineer;
- Working closely with the Product Manager to understand the roadmap and translating roadmap items into user stories;
- Participating in Refinement sessions, Sprint planning meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives;
- Understanding and internalizing the product vision, and being available and approachable for your team at all times;
- Ensuring the quality of the releases by testing, validating, and accepting the work done;
- Having a proactive role in continually improving the process.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Education at College level, advanced degree preferred
- Technical proficiency for tools in marketing technology, advertising technology, and/or customer analytics
- Deeply familiar with Web and mobile technologies
- At least 8 years of experience in software design
- Deep experience with Scrum
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Have superlative communication skills
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are eager to drive the creation the best marketing technology product in the world
- Are a strong team player with a “can do’’ attitude
- Are passionate, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
- Are fascinated with all things technical
- Are equally fascinated by software design
- Have got a mind for asking questions and synthesizing information that turns into results
- Don’t ever think “good enough” is good enough
- Do enjoy going into the nitty gritty details if necessary, but still see the big picture
- See patience as a virtue
Reasons to join us:
- Work in an international fast growing start-up with the opportunity to come over and work at our headquarters located in “Title Town,” USA (Boston) and share our love for US sports.
- Be part of a dynamic and professional, very seasoned team (most of our engineers have more than ten years’ experience)
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career progression
- You want to work with the very latest tools and tech
- Help build the best marketing technology product there is
- Take a permanent position with a permanent contract
- Enjoy competitive salary, 28 days off, a laptop and cell phone, travel expenses and a good retirement pension
Do you think this is the perfect place for you to start your career? To join our team, please apply on the link below or send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and we will get back in touch with you!