Hurry up! We’ve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a Boston-based technology startup in search of a talent acquisition professional who will craft and implement the recruiting, onboarding, and employee development initiatives to meet the talent demands of our fast-growing organization. As a group, we are driven by “building the dream” – The collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. As our first talent partner, you will be uniquely tasked with finding, hiring, and onboarding new members of the BlueCrew and setting us up to scale our culture as we add new talent.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers haven’t been able to solve for years. We’re headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 240 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
About the Job
As our business continues its hockey-stick growth, we need the right people to sustain and accelerate us on that trajectory. As our first dedicated HR team member, you will have the opportunity to shape the processes that enable our employees to have an outsized impact every day.
Staffing and Recruiting
- Define and manage recruiting processes.
- Work with hiring managers to identify hiring needs and profiles.
- Create pipeline of qualified candidates in advance of needs.
- Work with social media tools to source candidates via multiple methods (internal, external).
- Write job specifications.
- Manage offer process, including offers, references, and qualification checks.
New employee on-boarding & Employee Development
- Ownership of the new employee on-boarding process (processing and maintaining all documentation for payroll, benefits, legal agreements).
- Light facilities planning (desk assignment, laptop request, relevant account set up, etc.).
- Develop new employee’s first week agenda and first 30 days training schedule
- Support managers and the executive team on people operations such as employee growth, development, and engagement
Aside from having an awesome sense of humor, we are looking for someone with a combination of the following skills:
- Demonstrated full cycle recruiting experience in a rapid growth and start up environment, preferably for companies with a similar profile to BlueConic
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal skills. and be personable, team oriented, flexible, with a roll up your sleeves mentality.
- A data-driven and analytical mentality with the ability to put in the right metrics to measure the success of recruiting.
- You embody BlueConic’s values in spades: Grit. Humility. Collaboration. Intellectual curiosity. Passion. Accountability.
- International experience/exposure; studied, lived or worked abroad.
- Experience overseeing HR activities in numerous states and expert level familiarity with compliance issues at the city, state, and federal level
- Proficient with employment law and compliant record keeping and in HR-tech software, and data driven people operations
- Extremely organized and well-versed in project management
- Quick learner, even when you have limited information you put the different pieces together in a coherent way so that you understand the situation and act.
- You are comfortable with and like technology and genuinely are excited about the BlueConic mission and the customer data platform opportunity