Hurry up! We’ve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a Boston-based technology startup in search of a talent acquisition professional who will craft and implement the recruiting, onboarding, and employee development initiatives to meet the talent demands of our fast-growing organization. As a group, we are driven by “building the dream” – The collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. As our first talent partner, you will be uniquely tasked with finding, hiring, and developing the new members of the BlueCrew and setting us up to scale our culture as we add new talent.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers haven’t been able to solve for years. We’re headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 200 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
About the job
As our business continues its hockey-stick growth, we need the right people to sustain and accelerate us on that trajectory. This is a foundational role that will help build the HR, culture, and team development for our international organization. As our first dedicated HR team member, you will have the opportunity to shape the processes that enable our employees to have an outsized impact every day.
Staffing and Recruiting
- Define and manage recruiting processes.
- Work with hiring managers to identify hiring needs and profiles.
- Create pipeline of qualified candidates in advance of needs.
- Work with social media tools to source candidates via multiple methods (internal, external).
- Write job specifications.
- Manage offer process, including offers, references, and qualification checks.
New employee on-boarding
- Ownership of the new employee on-boarding process (processing and maintaining all documentation for payroll, benefits, legal agreements).
- Light facilities planning (desk assignment, laptop request, relevant account set up, etc.).
- Develop new employee’s first week agenda and first 30 days training schedule.
- Spearhead the design and implementation of employee management training and development programs.
- Work with hiring managers to set expectations and objectives.
- Create evaluations and provide gap analysis.
- Manage employee evaluation process (goal setting and bonus award process).
Aside from having an awesome sense of humor, we are looking for someone with a combination of the following skills:
- Four-year degree in Human Resources, Psychology or similar area of study. Advanced degree or certificate in HR preferred. (HRCI, PHR, SPHR).
- International experience/exposure; studied, lived or worked abroad.
- 5+ years experience in an HR role ideally in recruiting for companies with a similar profile to BlueConic, able to support a high-growth, fast-moving business.
- Experience overseeing HR activities in numerous states and expert level familiarity with compliance issues at the city, state, and federal level.
- Proficient with employment law and compliant record-keeping and in HR-tech software and data driven people operations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal skills.
- Personable, team oriented, flexible, with a roll up your sleeves mentality.
- Extremely organized and well-versed in project management.
- Naturally drawn to take initiative, reduce friction, and solve problems to help others.
- Start-up mentality, ability and interest in wearing multiple hats.
- Quick learner, even when you have limited information you put the different pieces together in a coherent way so that you understand the situation and act.
- You are comfortable with and like technology and genuinely are excited about the BlueConic mission and the customer data platform opportunity.
- You embody BlueConic’s values in spades: Grit. Humility. Collaboration. Intellectual curiosity. Passion. Accountability.